The best so far

I've just realised this is my 100th post! So I thought I'd say which my favourite shops are so far. I started this blog on 31/1/07. My son said I would be best doing a post about once a week, so that I didn't run out of material. I've managed to do a post more or less well every day, it's amazing how many good food shops you can find when you start to look. And I've still got plenty of really good places that I haven't yet managed to cover....

I was delighted to see in the latest edition of the excellent Observer Food Monthly that the winner of the readers' award for the best food shop was the Unicorn Grocery which I featured on the 8th January 2008.

The Barbakan Delicatessen (featured on the 7th January 2008), Love Saves the Day (featured on the 10th March 2008), and the Ludlow Food Centre (featured on the 21st March 2008) were all featured in the best of the rest.

Anyway my favourite shop so far is the Unicorn Grocery, my favourite bakers is Barbakan, my favourite fish shop (out of a very strong field) is Cheshire Fish. The most promising new business I've found is Deliciously Swiss. My favourite oatcakes are from Mrs Ts. I've agonised about who my favourite delicatessen should be and in the end have decided that Appleyards, the Deli on the Square and Patrick & Brooksbank should all share the honour.

Thanks to everyone who's added a comment, I was hoping I'd get more comments and feedback, especially suggestions on places to cover.

Comments