Macclesfield - Cheshire Gap Deli

I missed the Cheshire Gap Deli last time I was in Macclefield, but thankfully a reader of this blog suggested I call there. It's just around the corner from one of my favourite fishmongers, Cheshire Fish. Just looking in the window, you can tell it's going to be a good shop:
Once you're in, there's some good cheeses:
and excellent sandwiches with generous fillings to eat in or take away:
There are some interesting pies (how about a Gloucester old spot pork pie with Mrs Kirkham's cheese and red onion relish?):
There's a nice range of salads:
and cooked meats and olives:
and desserts like blueberry frangipan, carrot and walnut cake or white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake:
You can aslo take home a bath bun or a spicy cinnamon bun loaf.
Cheshire Gap Deli
87 Mill Street
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK11 6NN

Tel: 01625 425806

Fax: 01625 425806


Comments

TomTom said…
Went today. Very good and not over-priced. Good selection of cheeses and breads, nice cafe. Real ambience very rare in British shops, quite a find and worth travelling to Macclesfield to shop here. Impressive.
TomTom said…
Went again to this super deli. I don't know of anything similar; it has great food, good service, and prices are reasonable. The ambience is great and is one of the reasons I drive across The Pennines to Macclesfield.....Cheshire Gap Deli and Spearings !
Anonymous said…
I agree the displays look great but had a full English breakfast with my wife there. The bacon was like dry leather the sausages were black, overcooked and a premium no flavour brand. It was dreadful. When I reluctantly complained I got a blank resply from the girl at the till. WILL DEFINETLY NOT GO THERE AGAIN.
Tony Jackson