Brown and Green at Trentham Gardens

Brown and Green is situated in Trentham Gardens.  I'd read about them on Twitter and  decided to check them out.  Their aim is to sell quality local, artisan and ethical produce, and I must say I think the new people have improved this shop.
At the back of the shop there's a good deli counter:
with a good selection of chorizo and pies.
There's a particularly good selection of cheeses here.  There were more Derby cheeses than I could find in my recent visit to Derby, including Bertelin White Derby which won a silver award at this year's Nantwich Cheese Show.
There's a strong emphasis on local cheeses with Staffordshire cheese (made 12 miles down the road), Shropshire Blue and Appleby's Cheshire all on sale.
To go with the cheese there's bread from Chatwins,
and really garlicky butter and mayonnaise (with samples for you to try).
As regular readers will know, I have an obsession with Staffordshire Oatcakes!  I hadn't realised that the Original Oaties now do an oatcake mix (also available in gluten free) if you want to try making them at home.
As we're in Staffordshire they also sell Titanic beer:
which always goes down really well (groan)!  In case you didn't know, the captain of the Titanic, Edward John Smith, was from the Potteries.


They sell "wonderfully rich" fruit cakes from Simply Delicious Cakes in Shropshire.
My family liked the chocolate truffle mousse (available in white or dark versions) and blueberry cheesecake.
Brown and Green already run Shepherd's Farm Shop near Newent in Gloucestershire, and some of their fruit comes from their own farm.  I shall make a point of visiting next time I'm that way.  
Brown and Green
Trentham Shopping Village
Stone Road
Trentham
Staffordshire
ST4 8AX


Tel: 01782 641976


Web: www.brown-and-green.co.uk

Comments