A Perfect Meal?

I've just realised this blog has now entered its third year, with over 500 posts and readers from 130 different countries. It started featuring Cheshire (where I live) and neighbouring counties but seems to have grown! Apologies to people in the West Country, Southern England, the North East, Scotland and Ireland, I'll get there as soon as I can!

This time last year I reviewed the best visits in my first year of posting. Today I decided to plan the perfect meal, imagining that the Queen was coming to our house for a meal.

I thought I'd kick off with a starter made with mushrooms from Borough Market.

I've covered some good fishmongers in this blog, but think I would go to Steve Hatt for my fish course.

There's also been lots of good butchers featured in this blog, and I would be tempted to go to one of the many Farmers' Markets just to see what was looking good. Or maybe I'd go to Paddy and Sue Ryan (butchers in Much Wenlock) who this year won Best Local Food Retailer in the BBC's Food and farming awards.

For dessert I'd be lazy and not make my own, but go to Southport to Lilibets of Paris (I need to go back to take some better pictures).

The cheese course could come from any of the cheese shops I mentioned here last year, or the obvious choice would be Neal's Yard.

For chocolates I'd go to Cocoa in Sheffield and coffee would either come from the Algerian Coffee Stores in Soho or Has Bean.

The wine would come from Blas ar Win, an amazing shop in Llanrwst which I recently visited and will do a post on soon. I'd also have apple juice from Willington Fruit Farm.

Anyway thanks for reading this blog, and a special thank you to all who took the trouble to make suggestions, or tell me about changes to businesses featured and what you thought.

Happy New Year and:

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your site. I hope that you have a fabulous New Year.
Craft Matters said…
Excellent choices! Your blog is fantastic.